Sunday 12 February 2012

Catalonia on my mind



It’s time to book some flights and I’m thrilled! We have been invited to spend a week in Catalonia, Spain, with friends who are living in Madrid but are taking a holiday somewhere close to Girona in late April. They have booked an apartment large enough to accommodate not only them and their family members from Finland but also us old friends from back here. We do appreciate that!


This will be the first trip with this party for my husband but I have been travelling with these friends before so I know that, in addition to being great company, they are just the kind of people to travel with if you wish to experience more than just the obvious. We are sure to make many great excursions, enjoy excellent food with wine, talk a lot, laugh a lot, in short: have lots of fun.


So although my husband prefers to travel alone (that is alone with me, I suppose) it wasn’t that hard to persuade him. To take the most of the trip we will extend our stay by another week that we are planning to spend in Barcelona. It’s about time: I just realized we have been so deeply under the spell of Rome and the rest of Italy in recent years that we made our latest visit to Barcelona, an earlier favourite, almost five years ago. That is definitely too long at our age!




One balcony for exercise, another for the laundry. I might be inspired to do both if I had that. 
Meet my daughter preparing for an FC Barcelona match.
'Mes que un club', Camp Nou stadium minutes before the start of the game.
Full house at Camp Nou.



No comments:

Post a Comment