Wednesday 14 November 2012

Special time of day


Do you have a preferred time of day? To me it is as specific as 14:11 or 02:11 pm but I’m so happy we use the former format here because the latter wouldn’t do.

There was a time not so long ago when seeing those digits made my heart beat faster and brought a blissful smile on my face. And it seemed I happened to look at the time at 14:11 almost every other day. Maybe the heartbeat is more normal now but the happy smile is still there every time I see those digits on my mobile or any other device showing time digitally.

To me these numbers on a clock imply my husband’s birthday. I’m so lucky he was not born early in the month or otherwise I wouldn’t have had so many extra moments of happiness thinking about him wherever I was whatever I was doing. These days I’m such a late riser I could hardly ever catch a glimpse of, say, 09:06 which points to my birthday. 

Hope you liked your present honey. (The prince, the pilot and Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The mystery of his final flight by Triebel and von Gartzen, so I’m sure he did.) And hope you will venture with me to Trogir once again because the above is the only photo we didnt lose of those taken at this Unesco world heritage site during the holiday we spent in Croatia two years ago. I love the light blue clock face and the golden hands. The pretty little clock tower is my all-time favourite, even if it isnt digital.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought about 'reading' one's birthday on clocks. I would rarely catch a glimpse at mine which is 01.07!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd have a chance to see that practically every day... It's so much easier for me to stay up late than to rise early, I'm afraid.

      Delete