Sunday 31 March 2013

HT 5: Framed embroidered flowers

Time certainly flies. Tomorrow will be the first of April and I haven’t posted anything on my Handmade treasures series in March.

So here is one of my most recent flea market finds, embroidered poppies and forget-me-nots in frames painted in glossy black. By chance, these are two of my favourite flowers. But then again, the list of my favourite flowers would be such a long one almost any flower would qualify, at least if embroidered.


I don’t know yet where to hang this treasure. For the present, it is standing on my ‘sewing’ desk. It may stay there permanently to inspire me into action. I have some projects I should implement in the next couple of weeks. If these flowers can’t make it happen I don’t know what could.








4 comments:

  1. Oh, poppies! I always loved them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I. It's a shame we only have them in gardens here but this is another reason to travel to the Mediterranean in spring time.

      Delete
  2. Forget-me-not on kyllä ehkä kaikista kaunein kukan nimi ikinä.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aivan, ei ainakaan tule parempaakaan mieleen.

      Delete