Tuesday 16 December 2014

Wet icing

I did mention something about snow on my previous post but I certainly didn’t wish for the sleet and slush that have been troubling us since the weekend. There is no point having a snow cover if it is as wet as rain and comes with a thick cloud cover meaning more days without any sunshine.




Hubby took these photos a couple of days ago when he walked to the mailbox at around 9 am. I’m afraid we haven’t had it much brighter than this in days, perhaps weeks.





The white icing was so heavy on the trees and shrubs I had to carry out some lilac rescue as I noticed we had already lost a couple of trunks. Plus the top of a birch. Soon all this will be gone and we’ll be back to the even more depressing grey darkness sprinkled with rainfall. How could anyone survive our kind of winter without the festive season?



6 comments:

  1. Your husbands pictures are beautiful! I hope that things brighten up a bit for you and that no more of your plants get damaged. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. It seems our winters are tougher to take these days than they used to be partly because in recent years we haven't had proper winter with frosty weather until in January but also because we are getting old.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hubby will be so pleased to hear this. He took them using his mobile. All I did was some cropping.

      Delete
  3. The trees look so beautiful. It is always nice to look at but not so good if you have errand to run! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we only had some proper daylight I'd agree... By the way, most of the snow is gone by now. Let's hope it will get a bit colder soon.

      Delete