Wednesday 17 June 2015

Serious tasting

I always thought it would not be possible to overeat when you are having seafood and fish. Last Saturday, this belief of mine was proven completely false.



We had a little family gathering and were dining at Osteria Ovo, a Roman style restaurant that was opened this spring at a great location by the river.



Three in our group of five were having Menù degustazione mare. It felt like there was no end to the delicious dishes brought to the table. On that particular night, it was mussels and a selection of seafood for starters, linguine with squids and gnocchi with prawns for primi piatti, and squids and trout for secondi piatti. I also had pannacotta with lingonberries, an espresso and a tiny glass of limoncello for dessert.


A true osteria romana! If you are having a menù degustazione at this restaurant I can guarantee you will not be able to empty the bowls and plates. I felt stuffed. I can only imagine how my son and daughter were feeling after the Menù degustazione terra with meat dishes they were having.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, I am sure it was delicious but it sounds like an awful lot to eat!! Definitely a meal to linger over and eat slowly and enjoy the conversation! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, we started at 8 pm and stayed until closing time at midnight. I knew the place is owned by a Finnish-Italian couple but I never imagined the portions would be that generous so far from Italy.

      Delete
  2. That food looks so delicious, I too would feel full after all of that! sARAH X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd had lunch at this restaurant a few weeks earlier and the portions were a bit on the light side, which fooled me to expect it would be 'haute cuisine' at dinner time.

      Delete